Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake

It was such a quiet and beautiful afternoon.  I was just sitting with my mom in her bedroom.  She was discussing with me what fun it is to be a kid if you were just happy.  Whatever.  Then, the ground started to shake.  I didn't pay attention to it.  Then it shook more & didn't stop.  I live in Maryland you know.  Mom then said, "Is the ground shaking?"  We could hear the door of the shower rattling and the TV swaying.  We both got off the bed.  Mom looked out the window.  By that time I was scared.  I started to run out the door.  Mom grabbed my arm.  "We should stay in the doorway."  I had tears in my eyes.  I held onto mom's waist & started crying.  Right then, it stopped.  Me & Mom ran out of the room.  I was shaking hard.  I couldn't stop.  We went downstairs to where Dad, Josie & Jamison were.  We went outside.  A couple of our neighbors were looking around from their driveways too.  "That was a scary earthquake," said Josie.  We went to our school to meet our teachers and when we got there everyone was leaving.  We parked the car & asked somebody if they knew if the building was being evacuated.  They said yes.  We left & went back home.  I ran upstairs to check on my gerbils.  They were fine.  So that was my really scary experience.  I never want to go through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment